FirstVet is the first truly digital veterinary clinic. We let pet owners meet with licensed veterinarians via their mobile or computer. Our solution contributes to a more balanced and better-functioning care process for all parties. By providing a first point of contact for all pet owners FirstVet makes pet care more available, more efficient, and more qualitative.
FirstVet is growing in the US and we want to get in touch with dedicated veterinarians who are passionate about helping people and animals, and at the same time are ready to try a new, video call-based way of working. As a veterinarian at FirstVet you are a key person in the organization and you will be responsible for providing the best possible service to our clients.
- Carry out consultations via video calls with pet owners and their pets
- Being able to easily assess the pet’s condition, and through communication with the owner, either recommend simple treatments or provide a referral to a local veterinary clinic or directly to a specialist
- Provide follow-up of cases through careful record-keeping and written feedback to clients
The person we are looking for
To be successful in this role we believe you are a service-minded person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It would be great if you have previous experience working for a service similar to FirstVet, for example consulting over the phone, but it is not a requirement. Interest in new technology is always appreciated. Please note that this is a fast-paced online position: efficiency and knowledge of computers are a must.
- 5+ years of clinical experience working with small animals. Consulting for exotic, equine, avian, and farm animals in addtion to small animals is well welcomed.
- Fluent in English, additional languages a plus.
- Will consider anyone licensed to practice in the United States, but holding a license in any of the following states is desired: New York, New Jersey, Virginia, or Arizona.
What we offer
We offer varied remote part-time work with great flexibility in working hours. As a veterinarian at FirstVet, you will work from home and still have an amazing digital team of colleagues that you will collaborate and develop with.
Start date would be the end of October for training, with the service launching on the 14th November 2023. We are currently looking for vets who can cover all hours (24/7) so please let us know what availability you have when you apply.
Please submit your application today including a CV and a brief cover letter.