Fullstack Engineer - E-Commerce
FirstVet 🐶 has since we started in 2016 been building a digital platform aiming to create a world where every pet can thrive, not just survive - no matter the circumstances. In 2021, we extended our offering and launched our E-commerce platform. In order to facilitate FirstVet’s continuous international growth, we’re strengthening our tech department in the E-commerce team with a Fullstack Engineer!
You will work in a small cross-functional autonomous team focusing on building the future of pet care by developing our product. The E-commerce team focuses on developing our E-commerce platform, both rebuilding of the existing solutions and developing of new features and functionality.
Regardless of your experience, in this role we are expecting you to actively challenge yourself as well as your colleagues in improving our services. We believe that you have the ability to independently, or with the support from your team drive technical solutions from start to completion. Learning is fundamental, not just new technologies but also understanding what drives our customers to use our services within the product.
Although we don’t expect you to know everything, hopefully, you’re familiar with our tech stack: NodeJS and Vue.js.
- Design and develop our services connected to the E-commerce platform
- Work in close cooperation with our product team to create intuitive and engaging UI/UX solutions
- Improve and streamline our delivery pipeline
- Make sure that we have good metrics, monitoring and alerting in place
- Strive to continuously learn and master the latest technologies and techniques
- Deliver innovative work that sets the bar for everyone around you
- 3+ years of work experience as a fullstack engineer
- Previous experience of working with our tech stack: Node.js and Vue.js
- Proficiency in presenting technical solutions and ideas to external and internal stakeholders in a digestible and compelling way
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and other stakeholders with a consultative and proactive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previous experience working with microservices is a plus
- Previous Experience working with React and React Native is a plus
- Previous experiences working with E-commerce platforms or other consumer centered products are a plus
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, it goes without saying that an interest in animals is highly desirable. We’re a pet-oriented organization and it’s not unusual to run into our office dogs or for a cat to join our Zoom calls!
- Tech, Product & Design
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Workplace and Culture
You will be part of a fantastic group of people, based in several countries, who believe that having fun together in a professional environment will build a long-lasting company culture where everyone gives 100%. We are a young and fast-growing start-up, working passionately to build a high-quality service and an expansive global company. We value personal qualities as much as background and experiences.
We’re a pet-orientated organization and it’s not unusual for a dog or cat to join our Zoom calls!
FirstVet was founded in 2016 with the passionate goal to make pet care more accessible for everyone. Since then we’ve helped more than half a million pets and horses, and have answered the questions of at least as many worried pet owners. Apply above to join our journey.
Fullstack Engineer - E-Commerce
Loading application form