FirstVet's vision is to streamline the interaction between pet owners and veterinarians by offering simple patient screening and advice through video meetings on mobile telephones, computers and tablets. We have grown our platform to six countries in Europe, and we are building the team that will lead the roll-out in the United States.
We are seeking consultant veterinarians throughout the country to help support our national roll-out. In this capacity, you will provide teletriage services to pet owners and their pets. Vet teletriage offers many advantages, including the ability to initially assess the animal in its safe, home environment. The veterinarian can quickly assess the pet’s condition, and through communication with the owner, either recommend simple treatments or provide a referral to a local veterinary clinic. This position offers flexible working hours on weekends and the ability to work remotely.
As a veterinarian at FirstVet you are a key person in the organization and the face of our company to our clients. You are responsible for gaining your clients' trust as well as helping their pets through video consultations. We believe that customer service is extremely important and we therefore attach great importance to your communication skills and "bedside manner".
- Carry out consultations via video calls with pet owners and their pets
- Provide follow-up of cases through careful record keeping, feedback to clients and possible referral to veterinary clinics local to the patient
Education and experience requirements
- Qualified and registered veterinarian in the United States
- Personal Liability Insurance
- 5+ years of clinical experience working with small animals